JRF’s comprehensive strategy, ‘We can solve poverty in the UK’, sets out recommendations on how all of us can act to solve poverty.
This report from the Joseph Rowntree Foundation looks to answer the question, What would it take to solve UK poverty? Over the past four years, JRF has worked with experts in research and practice, and commissioned and analysed evidence reviews to find out what works. The findings and recommendations are presented following work with the public as well as employers and businesses, practitioners, civil servants and politicians from all parties, across all four nations of the UK.
The five-point plan to solve poverty in the UK will:
• Boost incomes and reduce costs;
• Deliver an effective benefit system;
• Improve education standards and raise skills;
• Strengthen families and communities; and
• Promote long-term economic growth benefiting everyone.
Read the full report here
Starting the conversation – working together to solve poverty: