Kobayashi, K. et al. American Journal of Infection Control. Published online: 22 February 2017
- The risk of infection after spine surgery has increased due to aging of society.
- An infection control team (ICT) manages infected cases at our hospital.
- The ICT guided use of antibiotics in 30 cases and investigated infection in 10.
- The bacteria detection rate was 88% (35/40 patients) in cases treated by the ICT.
- Early assistance from the ICT is a key to preventing onset of MRSA infection.
Read the full abstract here