Patients at a number of practices across England have begun testing the new NHS App | NHS Digital
The NHS App provides simple and secure access to a range of healthcare services on a smartphone or tablet. Developed by NHS Digital and NHS England, the app will enable many patients to register without attending the practice, reducing administrative burden on reception staff.
Once registered, patients can:
- check their symptoms using NHS 111 online and the symptom checker on the NHS website
- book and manage appointments at their GP practice
- order their repeat prescriptions
- securely view their GP medical record
- register as an organ donor
- choose whether the NHS uses their data for research and planning
Feedback from patients and practice staff will be used to help improve the app before it is gradually rolled out to patients across England from December 2018.
Find out more on the NHS Digital Website